Friday, September 7, 2018





Hello, my name is Maritza Filson!


I have been in FFA for three years now, and I am getting ready to start my fourth year in the upcoming fall. In FFA, I have grown not only as an agriculturalist, but as a leader as well. Last year, I was elected as Chapter President and began to learn more about FFA and got further involved in my chapter and in state hosted activities. Serving as the 2017-2018 President was a huge honor and an experience I will never forget. This year I am the Chapter Student Advisor, I hope that this year will be just as fulfilling as the last. Other than being a chapter officer, I am also involved in many other things. My SAEs (supervised agricultural experience) include managing our school’s grow chamber, where my fellow classmates and I grow herbs hydroponically, aeroponically, and aquaponically.  I also take care of my plants at home, from raising succulents to growing root vegetables to doing landscape work. If you have not yet noticed, I really love plants. In the future, I hope to take this love and passion for plants and have a career in the the plant sciences. I am not exactly sure what I want to major in in college; however, I have been interested in plant science, environmental sciences/natural resource management, agricultural education, and dairy sciences. I know wherever I end up, I will be involved in agriculture. I hope in the future I can run for a state office for Nevada FFA so that I can continue to serve this great organization. I still have one year of high school left before I am off to college to serve as a state officer. In this next year I will serve as our chapter's student advisor. I have too many goals as a chapter officer this year, and one thing that I have learned from last year is having too much is not always a good thing. Our chapter has never had a Student advisor before, so my main focus for this year is to really establish this position and set a precedent for all those following. I would like to have my goals parallel that off the chapter: increase recruitment/participation in events and develop stronger bonds with our partners. I would also like to be a mentor to my fellow officers and assist them with their assigned duties. Overall, I think this year will be a really good one for our chapter. I look forward to working with my fellow officers to meet each others goals and the goals of the chapter. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me by reading this short bio about me. All the other officers have their blog posts, so if you are interested check that out. Also check out some of the other things our chapter posts on our blog/facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowers By Zion Belcastro Its that time of year again! When little lambs are born, and everything turns green again and the lands are full...