Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Welcome Back

Welcome Back!! I hope that you all have had a great summer.

For those of you who are new to Carson High School, welcome to the Agriculture Science Program. My name is Mr. Mann, and I am starting my 5th year at Carson High School. I grew up in Smith Valley where I showed livestock in 4-H and FFA. During high school, I was greatly involved in FFA where I had multiple Supervised Agriculture Experiences from showing steers to teaching agriculture at the local Boys and Girls Club. I also competed in multiple Career Development Events which included Parliamentary Procedures, Job Interview, Dairy Foods, Land Judging, Creed, Rituals, and  Poultry Evaluation.

I have enjoyed being the Agriculture Science Teacher and Capitol FFA Advisor these last few years. My family has been a great supporter of me and in a way, all of you. My wife Kali Mann was in FFA growing up so she knows all that an effective agriculture science program entails. Kali and I have two kids (Charles who is 3 and Theo who is 3 months) who are future Senators and Capitol FFA Members.

This year I will be teaching Agriculture Leadership, Agriculture Science 1, Agriculture Science 2, Horticulture, Plant Science, Floriculture, and Greenhouse Management. I will also be teaching a science class for the science department. I have a lot of great things planned for these courses, and I hope that you enjoy them.

FFA is an integral part of agriculture education. Every student who is enrolled in an agriculture class is automatically in FFA. This student organization is a professional organization where students can participate in leadership conferences  as well as participate in events that emulate agriculture related careers. These events help students prepare for the workforce and have a grasp on the skills needed for their future profession.

I am excited to see all of you on August 21, and I hope that you enjoy the last bit of summer you have left.

Mr. Mann

No comments:

Post a Comment

Flowers By Zion Belcastro Its that time of year again! When little lambs are born, and everything turns green again and the lands are full...